It’s not a secret that you need to tell people about your Facebook Page, and what information they will get there. What seems to be a secret are the many different ways and places to get that message out.
Tips about your Facebook Page
You should have a corporate fun center Facebook Page that covers these topics:
- New job postings and new hires
- Changes in hours
- New attractions or games
- Behind the scenes look at your fun center
- Major business announcements, such as a second location, expanding your existing location
- Call outs to guest having birthday parties, corporate events or large family gatherings
You should develop a second Facebook Page for a niche group of fans. Here are some areas where you could create a special interest:
- Go-kart league
- Mini golf league
- Skee-ball league
- Best scores on your favorite arcade game
You should also make sure of the following:
- Your promotional materials (business cards, rack cards, brochure, website and other collateral) show the Facebook icon AND the http://www.Facebook.com/… URL (website address) in full
- Your Facebook Page(s) have well-written content
- Your Facebook content is scheduled regularly—at least one post per day, every day
The 6 secrets
These revolve around repetitive and consistent communication. Every time a guest interacts with a staff member, piece of collateral or hears an ad or sees a message about your fun center, they should be encouraged to follow you on Facebook.
- Receipts and forms—Every piece of operational paper you produce should encourage the holders of those forms and receipts to “Follow us on Facebook for exclusive discounts and updates!”
- Window decals—Post decals with your color logo and Facebook Page URL on all entrance and exit doors.
- Twitter—Tweet every Facebook Page post.
- POP—At your tills and food center tables make sure a “Follow us…” message is included on all tent cards.
- Arcade game decals—Same as your window decals, put these on your arcade games, especially if you have a club or league focusing on the game.
- Phone message—Your hold and off-hours messages should include a push to follow your fun center on Facebook.
Have you had success in growing your Facebook fans? Share your thoughts in the comments.